Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about moving to florida in the beginning of next year and starting up a landscape company. i'm looking for some useful help on landscaping in florida. yes, i know there is competition, but that is everywhere.not sure where i'm planning on living in florida yet. i'm looking to weigh out my options.

·
Registered
378 Posts
There is plenty of work but with the down turn in the building industry the competition for commercial work is cut throat. Controlling cost and providing good service is more important than ever. Do those 2 things along with smart marketing and you'll do fine no matter which area you choose to live.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was reading on here,in a post, that some guys were making 60-100 a month on residental houses, which included mowing, trimming shrubs, and cleanup of palm trees. please tell me this isnt true that this is all some guys are making

·
Registered
180 Posts
The going rate in my area (Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte) is $80-$100 a month. The yards here are small and typically you are in and out in 15-20 minutes. We service the properties weekly Apr-Oct and Oct-Mar every 10-14 days. With a helper I average 17-20 lawns a day. Solo about 12-14 lawns. On Monday, I have 10 houses in a subdivision and 7 more with 2 miles. Tuesday 13 on one street. A tight route is the key. We offer full service ( mowing, stringline, edging, trimming shrubs (no palm trimming) and weed control ( I am licensed to spray roundup).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry, I sent you the wrong link. Give me a minute.
I am having trouble attaching the information. If you google University of Florida IFAS Extension Services. The cost and requirements are there for obtaining a Limited Commerical License.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.