no backing out now....

deereequipment

LawnSite Senior Member
Years (alot of them) of running the same brand mowers, with an odd ball stuck in there on occasion, 48" all the way up to numerous 72" mowers,

I made put a deposit down on a 48" ghs.
Am running mostly diesels now, but figured I'd try the efi 26 hp.

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
There's nothing wrong with having various brands of equipment. I have a reputation of being a Stihl guy but nothing could be further from the truth. I also have Tanaka, Shindaiwa and Husqvarna 2 strokes. Whatever works is what I buy.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
oh ok...yeah they make diesel walkers too if you wanna stay all diesel. i worked for a lawn business when i was in college and we had 2 walkers. one gas and one diesel. they do a good job but i wasn't a fan of them. you have to have more space to turn around so you don't hit the the ghs part against a fence, tree, etc. i just like the ztr controls alot better than having the forward/reverse lever seperate like the walker does.

Last edited:

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
GHS. Grass Handling System. The big white box on Walker brand mowers. It also includes the blower assembly that moves the grass up to that hopper. Really nice high end machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

GlynnC

LawnSite Senior Member
There's nothing wrong with having various brands of equipment. I have a reputation of being a Stihl guy but nothing could be further from the truth. I also have Tanaka, Shindaiwa and Husqvarna 2 strokes. Whatever works is what I buy.
Hey Richard--Not to steel the thread, but how did your Tanaka work for you this past year? I just reread your initial review of the Tanaka--I think it was a late 2010 post..

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey Richard--Not to steel the thread, but how did your Tanaka work for you this past year? I just reread your initial review of the Tanaka--I think it was a late 2010 post..
It's kinda a gutless wonder. Compared to my Stihl FS80 it lacks power. The only thing I'm having trouble with are the fuel lines but that's more the fault of the ethanol gas we're forced to use. My guy likes it but I really wish he'd use the Stihl instead. I've called him names and teased him but he doesn't seem to care. :laugh:

idealscape

LawnSite Member
We demoed a 26efi Walker GHS for a 30 acre zoysia property we have. Worked flawlessly, plenty of power...haven't decided if a $13k machine is the way to go yet. Might pull the trigger in the spring. Good luck with it!
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
deereequipment

deereequipment

LawnSite Senior Member
We demoed a 26efi Walker GHS for a 30 acre zoysia property we have. Worked flawlessly, plenty of power...haven't decided if a $13k machine is the way to go yet. Might pull the trigger in the spring. Good luck with it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Got a dealer here who dabbled in Walker, but isn't trying to push them. Has a mower onsite, already has single rear wheel and speed up kit. Got a pretty good deal, so I'm looking forward to using it on some of our high end smaller properties.

Alot of folks just don't realize that a zero turn is not the ulitmate mower!!