No license needed for applying Roundup

Do you need a license to apply non-RUPs to a customers property?

• Total voters

windflower

LawnSite Bronze Member
Excerpt from most recent NC pesticide board meeting. They used to publish how much the fines were.

The final portion of the meeting was dedicated to settle agreements. The first two cases dealt with pesticide drift. In both cases, the defendant applied a pesticide that drifted onto a neighboring yard, killing the vegetation. The final two cases illustrated a broken system. More specifically, it was discovered that a small pesticide business was operating for the past two years without the proper licenses to do so. This case revealed the need for an improved system that effectively tracks and monitors expiration dates for pesticide licenses.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
Excerpt from most recent NC pesticide board meeting. They used to publish how much the fines were.

The final portion of the meeting was dedicated to settle agreements. The first two cases dealt with pesticide drift. In both cases, the defendant applied a pesticide that drifted onto a neighboring yard, killing the vegetation. The final two cases illustrated a broken system. More specifically, it was discovered that a small pesticide business was operating for the past two years without the proper licenses to do so. This case revealed the need for an improved system that effectively tracks and monitors expiration dates for pesticide licenses.
What the .. ?

I'm really curious what they use now. Is it all just documented on a notepad in Susan's desk?

oqueoque

LawnSite Platinum Member
Which Pesticide License Does Your Business Need?
https://extension.psu.edu/which-pesticide-license-does-your-business-need

Commercial or Public Pesticide Applicator License Required
In Pennsylvania, anyone making pesticide applications to land that they (or their employer) do not own or lease is required to have at least one Certified Pesticide Applicator for each business address and name from which they operate.
The Pesticide Applicator must be certified in the categories for the crops and use sites for which they will be making applications. These businesses or public entities will also require a business license through the PDA.

agrostis

LawnSite Gold Member
What the .. ?

I'm really curious what they use now. Is it all just documented on a notepad in Susan's desk?
Yep, every 6 months or so i used to get this sort of flyer in the mail called the "NC Pesticide Monitor" from the dept. of ag. It had all the violations and fines. That's gone. You have to dig deep on the NC Ag dept. website to find that info now.

By the way, farmers = 70% of violations. Aerial applicators = 20% of violations. Landscapers & golf courses = 10% of violations.

rippinryno

LawnSite Silver Member
I have succomed to pesticide violation every single year in my yard. They cannot and will not keep their spray out of our yard. Farmer has done it 3 times. I have filed 2 complaints thus far.