Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a local lco come up to me today and say that my services/competition has caused him financial hard ache and not being able to feed his family/ send his children to college. Am i doing something wrong by trying to eliminate competition at all costs? or do i need to let up?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't know how competetive your market is--but where I am--sure there is competition. But I believe that if I am doing a good, honest, fair job then someone else shouldn't be able to come in and "cut my throat." You, too, shouldn't feel like you're taking work from another company. Sure I take jobs that some other LCO's have, and some of mine get taken, but all in all-if you asked my clients to switch to a lower bid, I venture to say that 90% would stay with me. Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, just stating how I feel. You should feel the same way--if you do an honest job for a fair price and do what you say you're going to do-you should succeed-bottom line!! You shouldn't feel the need to cut everybody around-again, don't know your market, but just the way I feel. In other words, PROBABLY if he were doing his job to begin with, customers wouldn't have gone with a lower-priced bid-just my $.02!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
He's cryin because you stole his lunch money, waaaaaaa. Tell him to focus in a different area.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, but i feel bad for driving out the compeition doing un-characteristic business transactions.. I have low-bidded and drove out the competition and then raised the prices back up.. I am making about 200k a year net with my shop and lanscaping and i feel so guilty now.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
yes, but i feel bad for driving out the compeition doing un-characteristic business transactions.. I have low-bidded and drove out the competition and then raised the prices back up.. I am making about 200k a year net with my shop and lanscaping and i feel so guilty now.
Making 200k net doing what?

About a month ago you were talking about how you blew a bunch of money on equipment and were only making $350/wk.

Later you were making roughly $1700/wk with lawns/top soil.

Now its $200k?

Surely I'm beating the bush but I find it very unlikely that you ran out the competition in one month.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Whats the differance between an LCO and a large pizza? A large pizza can still feed a family of 4.
Dumb Joke...I feed my family of five just fine.

It's originally supposed to be a racial joke...the lco being the individual race.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Making 200k net doing what?

About a month ago you were talking about how you blew a bunch of money on equipment and were only making $350/wk.

Later you were making roughly $1700/wk with lawns/top soil.

Now its $200k?

Surely I'm beating the bush but I find it very unlikely that you ran out the competition in one month.
with 9 mexicans 2 white guys, and of course the one black guy who the new customer didnt want on his property. What an idiot.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
sounds like he needs a job

·
Banned
4,484 Posts
Great bait post, I ain't biting.

I'll be the one to call B.S.
The moderators here are insane if they don't warn and then ban these posters. It's damaging the lawnsite brand. A hefty percentage of the stuff here is bogus anecdotes and outlandish tall tales posted just to start discussions. Heck, for all I know lawnsite could be posting these to gain traffic. But I tell you, it isn't the kind of traffic that their advertisers would want (kids with $300 lawnmower budgets and whack jobs looking for attention who may not even be in the biz).

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think you have to be an educated listener or reader. Some of the info is good and some worthless. Think about it! You can be anything you want here. Everything you always wanted but couldn't really do or become. Just say so and who it the wiser?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.