no more residential trimmers for me!!

TeamYardsale4

LawnSite Senior Member
well when I started 3 years ago money was tight to purchase my equipment so I used any cheap trimmer I could get my hands on ( poulan pro, Troy built, husqvarna) finally got sick of them not holding up to the wear and tear and being unreliable. So a couple weeks ago I bought the Stihl fs90R and fell in love with the power, reliability and just the overall solid build of the machine itself. I would never show up to a property with just 1 trimmer in case something happened to it so today I found a Stihl KM130R for sale on craigslist and think it will be a great backup trimmer and very versatile with the attachments you can purchase. Guy bought it last fall had the manual, 2 extra air filters and the blade cutter attachment all for $185!!! I thought how could I go wrong and still talked him down another $20! Real excited for this equipment upgrades and wish I had listened to all the veterans on here my first year and bought commercial trimmers but glad I was able to now! Thanks for all the information on this site to help make my decision!:drinkup:

OP
T

TeamYardsale4

LawnSite Senior Member
Haha my thoughts exactly but was a older guy and said he was moving to Virginia and didn't want to lug everything down south, tried selling me a lot of other stuff that I probably would have bought also if I had more cash on me haha.

LawnMowerKing10

LawnSite Senior Member
Whats nice about Stihl is that they stand behind their product. I have a KM90R and took it to my dealer for a tune up. Dealer said it needed a new crank shaft and it might be expensive since I was well out of the warranty. He calls up Stihl and they are covering the part and sending it free of charge.

Top Forums