1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

No more snow???

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Blueribbonlawns, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well we got about 6-9'' last night so i thought id take some pic's for all the guys wanting spring to get here, I dont know about you guys but im pretty happy right now.

snow plow pic's.jpg

2. Blueribbonlawns

More pic's

Rzd snow plow pic 3.jpg

3. Blueribbonlawns

One more of the truck because it is awsome!

Rzd Chevrolet 2500 Duramax2.jpg

4. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I wish we had snow like that........

5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow. Thats a lot of snow. Nothing like that around here, maybe once every 10 years or so, if that. Mostly just a dusting, or up to 2 inches. We get a lot of ice though. Whats the temps up there?

6. Blueribbonlawns

Right now it's 12 but with wind chill it's -4.
    This snow is nothing like what we had a month ago, At one time we had 3 feet on the ground
    and after it got packed down we had 2'' of ice on the streets.

7. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Burrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

8. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

We got a coating overnight, about 3" a few weeks ago and about 5" before Christmas. I don't know what happened but here in south Jersey, we use to get a lot of snow in the late 70's and early 80's. Now we don't get anything. I think about three of four years ago we got a 2 footer but since then it has only been a few little storms maybe 2"-5" here and there. We mostly get rain because we are on the shoreline, but in the past, we always got a few storms in the winter that were all snow. I will say that the winters have been nice here for a few years, the average high anymore is 45-50 degrees and two weeks ago a few days were in the 70's and most of December the temps were in the 60's. Something is going on...

9. Blueribbonlawns

Hey get this yesterday it way 60 here!!! no joke.

10. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I belive you, yesterday it was about 55 here and today it is like 25 and a coating of snow..It is roller coaster weather anymore..