1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

"No Mow" Lawn Mix

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Extremely low maintenance grass mixture that requires only one or two mowings a year. It is comprised of six slow growing fescue varieties. Best results are when grass is mowed once a month at 4 inches.

Does anyone mow this blend or similar?

Or worse, drop a customer due to low maintenance technology?

www.prairienursery.com click on FAQ's to see "No Mow" photos and data.

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't tell customers about this, and yes I would drop them if they were to move to this blend. I mow every week in the season. I have a living to make.

3. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

We have a similar brand here,a large seed company rebranded their slow selling grass seed as a no mow variety,they sell tons of it now,but it still needs mowing every week.Just shows what slick marketing can do and how gulliable consumers are.:)

4. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

We have none of this in my area. I don't believe that I would take a custormer who only wanted their lawn cut once per month.

I've read that the 6 blend fescue will only grow to 9" if left unmowed all season! It also requires less water and can stand up to hot weather better than most.