1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

no other place to ask

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by FYS777, Nov 13, 2009.

1. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

I am asking about what type of cordless drill is best for the buck??? commercial grade!!! volts, battery, brand????? input please. what kind of price can i expect..

Thanks , DAVE

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You will be pleased with either a Milwaukee lithium or Dewalt lithium. The lithium batteries last longer and are more powerful than the traditional Ni-Cad. 14.4 volt is enough, although sometimes I wish I had an 18v.

3. FYS777

How much use do you give it per week???

4. davido30093

davido30093 LawnSite Member

18V for sure. Lithium is far better than the others. $60 to $80 depending on brand and place of purchase.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

When I worked for the carpenter, I'd go through a battery a day, then rotate them. Now, I barely use it. Just when I'm making shelves for the shop or side on my truck, or something like that. I do have a 3/8" ratchet adapter which makes it nice, but you can get that for any drill.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

$60 to $80? No offense, but you can't get any good decent brand like Dewalt or Milwaukee for under a couple hundred, especially with the lithium ion batteries.

7. SLR

SLR LawnSite Gold Member

I would'nt touch anything under 18V.

8. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

9. clipperslawnservice

clipperslawnservice LawnSite Member

Makita-lithium

10. FYS777

thanks for the in-puts, i'll check your recommendations out,