• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

No Shortage of String Trimmers for Me!

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
I was on eBay and saw a listing for a Kawasaki KBL23A for $89 buy-it-now, demo unit, before shipping. I then saw that it was from a local dealer!! Went to his eBay store, he had 8 Kawasaki demo trimmers for sale. I called right away to make sure they had them, my dad went over with us. We ended up buying 5 trimmers between us. My dad bought the KBL23A for $89, and my brother and I bought 3 KTR26ACs for $119 apiece, and a KTR27A for $129. They were all demo units that had been special ordered, as the dealer does not normally sell Kawasaki equipment. I am pretty excited!! We should have enough trimmers now to last about 10 years haha

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
That's why I had been saying to find good deals on ebay and forget about dealing with dealers. Some dealers are very bad. Buy many of the same kind and keep few for spare and later for parts.

OP
DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
That's why I had been saying to find good deals on ebay and forget about dealing with dealers. Some dealers are very bad. Buy many of the same kind and keep few for spare and later for parts.
If you read my post, it was from a dealer. I normally don't buy equipment from dealers, but at that price!! C'mon you cannot possibly lose.

OP
DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
If you read my post, it was from a dealer. I normally don't buy equipment from dealers, but at that price!! C'mon you cannot possibly lose.
I understand, most of them are dealers on ebay. My point is if you find a very good deal, buy online and forget your local dealers.