1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

No sleep for the owner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OnMyOwn, Mar 31, 2006.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I can tell it's time to start mowing. It is 3:15 am and I am still working on the computer getting caught up with quotes, sales orders and prepaid invoices. I absolutely do not sleep well when I'm excited about a great quantity of work. - Just as well....the weatherman says tomorrow is going to be a wash-out.

Who else out there does all of their own paperwork at night, instead of hiring an assistant?

I know it makes things a little tougher, but it still allows me to spend the evening with the wife/kids.

If I could figure out how to add (10) more hours to each day, I would only be (5) hours behind!

2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I never sleep while the season starts. 2-3AM is normal for me.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, a standard day should consist of at least 64 hours.
    4 to sleep and 60 to get the work done, most of it anyway.

4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

You guys need to get organized.

I do limited paperwork during the week. At the end of the day I take my list and put it in my desk. I then get my sced. ready for the next day and return any calls I need to.

Sat morning I wake up and immdeiatly go through the weeks work. Takes me about 3-4 hours. I do it before the family is up so we can all have breakfast together and get the weekend going.

I used to stay up till 3 in the morning and I was on the verge of burnout. Its not healthy, physically or mentally.