No-Spill Gas Cans.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mumblingboutmowers, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

We sure do. I was pulled over the other day. You know what we pulled you over for? Because I was going 100 mph? woohoo! NO DA! We pulled you over because you vented your gas can with a nail! Now step out and put your hands behind your back. No funny business!:laugh: 5 pages on gas cans:dizzy::drinkup:

2. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know how they get away with the name no spill. Mine still dribbles gas and doesn't stop pouring if you don't tip it back before the tank is full.

3. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

The reason the VP jug doesn't get bloated is because it is not sealed, meaning that the vapors are escaping. That being said, it's not going to be enough to cause you any issue. I personally hate the new EPA regulations on vented gas cans, but I live with it and honestly, aside from a 3 min. pour time, I don't have any messes with my spring loaded nozzles on the sealed cans that I do have. The metal one is still hands down the best for me, it will fill my mower in less than 30 seconds and it's freaking metal.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not that big of a deal on a mower, I truly hate using the no spills for fueling up boats in the water though. Having to hold the can at weird angles for several minutes as it slowly drains.

Cam15 likes this.
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

mine hasn't worn off in 10 years. looks good as the day i did it. shrugs.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

a lot of guys on here complain of slow filling using a 5 gallon can. i mean i don't even fill my mowers up that way. i go to the gas station and fill it up the same as you would a car or a truck. 15 gallons is what my mower holds. the other one holds 11.5 gallons.

i just use the 5 gallon can to top it off or sometimes i use it to make mixed gas in my 2.5 gallon can. i just add the oil and pour in 2.5 gallons of gas and mix it up.

7. rippinryno

some of us have enclosed trailers which make it hard to fuel up on the trailer at the gas station. What mower do you have that holds 15 gallons?

I hear you there. We have a large funnel and we just pull the nozzles off of our cans when it comes time to fill the boat. 50 gallon boat tank.

8. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Bronze Member

He has the scag cheetah which holds 15gals.

weeze likes this.
  9. rippinryno

oh the dual tank setup, nice. Yeah i can't fill those from within my trailer,I would have to unload. None of my mowers hold more than 5 gallons anyway.

Cam15 likes this.
  10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

if you got an enclosed trailer you need to make one of those doors in the side of it so you can fill up your mowers through the door. :D

Cam15 likes this.