1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Noco chargers

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by meets1, Dec 5, 2018.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Are these any good? Thinking if so I may purchase a few. Small. Easy to use. Stick in equipment n trucks. But I'm looking for quick charge / jumper pack.

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

Check out this video. Based on Joel’s review I purchased two units. They have yet to fail me when needed. We use them for our machines as well as trucks and cars. Amazon had them on sale last week for $68.59, so I purchased an additional one.

DXN1EL and ed2hess like this.
  3. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, they're pretty good. However, there is a big difference between a charger and a jump pack.

Walker56 likes this.
  4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

jump pak I realize but there a bigger unit and I am thinking that way in a utility tractor, skid, landscape equipment - small, bang for the size and just be more organized, efficient and ready in case we need it or someone else needs help.

hort101 likes this.
  5. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

There are also much bigger lithium jump packs than that. I've got one that's a little bigger, and my wife has one that's about half that size. Each of them have started 4 cylinder cars with dead batteries several times. I think the bigger size should be ok to start a 6 cylinder truck. Not sure about an 8 or anything diesel, and they're certainly no good for 24V systems.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Do you think the nocoGB40 will be close in starting power to this JNC660?
    https://www.amazon.com/Clore-Automotive-Jump-N-Carry-JNC660-Starter/dp/B000JFJLP6

I ..want to start trucks...we have one of the JNC660 and happy with it.

7. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

The JNC660 is rated at 1700 amps. The GB40 is rated at 1000 amps. You would be better off with the GB70 which is rated at 2000 amps
    https://no.co/gb70

rlitman, Doc8406 and DXN1EL like this.
  8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

...thanks

Walker56 likes this.