1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Noob needs Pro Advice DC VS Bobcat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aerialhunter, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Aerialhunter

Aerialhunter LawnSite Member

Hello all.

Just joined the other day in hopes of gleaning information to help me make a decision with regards to a ZTR. To start, I'm not a commercial mower. I mow 3-4 acres at our home. The terrain is slightly rolling hills and flat ground. Grass is mainly fescue.

I have to make a decision quickly and was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I've search the site and haven't found this particualar discussion/thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed (but I can't find it).

I'm looking at buying either a DC LT2300-50D (DC 23 Hp Kohler w/50" deck) or the Crapsman (Bobcat Fast Cat 26 HP B&S w/52" deck).

For me, quality/price is a factor because my budget won't permit me to go above the DC Silver Eagle range. I can get the DC for $5700 or the Crapsman (Bobcat) for $5000.

In your opinion, which one should I go for? If I can shave off $700 and have a good mower that's the route I'd prefer, just not sure how the Crapsman (Bob Cat) stacks up against the DC Silver Eagle.

Thanks in advance