Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A Thief rammed our front gate and stole the entire trailer-- 9/4/22
this occurred in North Austin off McNeil
he couldn't get the small lock cut off earlier in the evening and then rammed the gate later at 4 Am ish
-he simply disconnected the transmission cable from our 2006 2500 and put it in neutral then drug the entire rig to where he could swap the trailer to his truck--
BOLO 2022 Wright Centaur Stander 36"

Stolen 9/3/22 -9/4/22 Sunday
  • Wright Centaur WSTN36FX600E SN 140128 GU
  • Delivered 4/15/22
  • Mulch kit bought WSB95480005
Snapper/Ferris 32 inch walk behind hydro 32SW15 NLA 202 SN 400 SN 4000968688
Delivered ~4/1/20
Mulch kit installed

Engine # 5901864
Scag SWZT FN 36” Walk Behind Hydro mower SN K9800364
Bought 3/5/16
Bought mulch kit ~$250
FS 481 CB 73868
and assorted blowers and weedeaters the wright stander is practically new!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
59,868 Posts
A Thief rammed our front gate and stole the entire trailer-- 9/4/22
this occurred in North Austin off McNeil
he couldn't get the small lock cut off earlier in the evening and then rammed the gate
-he simply disconnected the transmission cable from our 2006 2500 and put it in neutral then drug the entire rig to where he could swap the trailer to his truck--
BOLO 2022 Wright Centaur Stander 36"

Stolen 9/3/22 -9/4/22 Sunday
  • Wright Centaur WSTN36FX600E SN 140128 GU
  • Delivered 4/15/22
  • Mulch kit bought WSB95480005
Snapper/Ferris 32 inch walk behind hydro 32SW15 NLA 202 SN 400 SN 4000968688
Delivered ~4/1/20
Mulch kit installed

Engine # 5901864
Scag SWZT FN 36” Walk Behind Hydro mower SN K9800364
Bought 3/5/16
Bought mulch kit ~$250
FS 481 CB 73868
and assorted blowers and weedeaters the wright stander is practically new! View attachment 521706
Are you able to get the license plate?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like the crook stole some expensive wheels as well. I've been in your shoes before...that's a tough break. Is your equipment insured?
Yes on insurance... we'll see how they treat us...I'll report.. most guys forget to also get coverage on equipment when it's away from their lot/office (discovered that years ago luckily before we had stuff stolen)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that is bold I hope the police catch this guy unbelievable. Good luck man hope you get everything back that was stolen and or reimbursement.
Thanks..it's a case of not watching the camera alerts...you get complacent. I live less than 5 minutes away so I could have gone over. He started in daylight and later returned and hit multiple businesses

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for sharing. I’m sure we all think about these scenarios a lot and it helps to know common tactics (they don’t keep these things to themselves).
I hope you are able to get everything back, are reimbursed and the guy deals with some actual consequences.
We also got hit two days ago along a busy road...they used a grinder and cut the lock off the weed eater rack which made the cable useless...use protected locks and get insurance!

·
Registered
383 Posts
This has always made me want to hide a GPS device on my mower. It would be great if this moron used his own truck or one that can be easily traced back to him. If you have a decent picture of his face it would be easy to identify him and the truck. I wish you the best! I will check back in and hope for good news buddy.

My starter went out today and now my mower is stranded in a customers property. No offense you always think you are having a worse day than someone else until stuff like this constantly proves otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
19,093 Posts
Horrible situation!
Now you can go around to all the local dealers and pawnshops. There must be a dealer in used and stolen equip somewhere. Watch for your equip advertised at online sales.
If you own a valuable mower--this is a good time to install a hidden cut-out switch. Or better ignition switch and key.
Of course, that doesn't help much if they steal the whole trailer.
A member here suggested adding hidden identifying information or your business card inside the shroud or air cleaner. So if the equip must be repaired in the future, the shop will spot it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Horrible situation!
Now you can go around to all the local dealers and pawnshops. There must be a dealer in used and stolen equip somewhere. Watch for your equip advertised at online sales.
If you own a valuable mower--this is a good time to install a hidden cut-out switch. Or better ignition switch and key.
A member here suggested adding hidden identifying information or your business card inside the shroud or air cleaner. So if the equip must be repaired in the future, the shop will spot it.
This has always baffled me, we have to tag and title things like trailers but tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment require no such thing. Because if you have a title to something it is hard to dispute not being the owner. However, it can be disputed with things like zero turns or tractors.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Man - Disconnected the transmission cable, dragged the whole rig out, then stole the cable... o_O

That is one clever & hardworking thief. If only he would have put that drive towards a legitimate career...

I hope your stuff is recovered - and that he is caught too.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Horrible situation!
hopefully when we are able to turn in the serial numbers to the police, they may find the guy--I want to go look in the pawnshops...there are so many!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man - Disconnected the transmission cable, dragged the whole rig out, then stole the cable... o_O

That is one clever & hardworking thief. If only he would have put that drive towards a legitimate career...

I hope your stuff is recovered - and that he is caught too.
quite honesty he was kinda wimpy because he couldn't cut the lock with his bolt cutters...but he did end up making off with the trailer--had I not been drinking margaritas that SAT night, he might have been caught!

·
Registered
383 Posts
hopefully when we are able to turn in the serial numbers to the police, they may find the guy--I want to go look in the pawnshops...there are so many!
You really should stop by some of them. If you get to talking to one of the owners they may give you some advice or even know something. You could also tell them what is going on, give them your card and ask politely to lookout for your equipment. Good luck buddy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts