Northeast NY, any others out there?

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by jrc lawncare, Jan 25, 2004.

1. ronwarren

ronwarren LawnSite Member

ron's lawn service, lower hudson valley. I was beggining to think new yorkers did not play in this neighborhood. now I dont feel like an alien :alien:

2. Old Red

Old Red LawnSite Member

MikeC in Auburn, You were asking in another forum about my business and equipment. I've got a TC33D NH, box scraper, york rake, harley rake, dump trailer, spreaders, shovels, slit-seeder and my most important piece of equipment, a hand rake. I'm just part time doing installations and renovations. I'll never pay for my equipment working part time but didn't plan to. What I want to do is get established by the time I retire from NYS in just four years. Then I hope it will start paying. If not my wife will be very disappointed.

I was a guard at AuburnCF for 15 years and knew a Mike Coleman there. Related to you? Send me a PM, we should get together for coffee some rainy morning.

Hello to the rest of you Upstaters too. I get a few calls for renovations in N. and E. Syracuse. I didn't like driving up there to look at jobs I probably wasn't going to get when gas was under a buck eighty. Anybody out there want referrals?

3. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

old red-i dont know that coleman.im working on going full time due to restructuring at ford dealer where i work.everyone upstate,it seems like every trailer i see has a dixie chopper on it.are they really that good?also does anyone deal with garys equipment in clay?

4. Bob's Lawn

Bob's Lawn LawnSite Member

Dixie Choppers are very nice. I don't think anything mows faster. I don't have properties where they would work, so I haven't bought one, but I am always looking for a reason.

I bought my Exmark from Gary 2 years ago. I've had no problems with him, but I have heard bad things from other people. He has been fine by me so take that for what it's worth. He is no longer a dealer for Exmark, so I won't be there for my mower.

Bob's Lawn

5. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

what bad things have you heard about gary's?i was wondering what everyone does for health insurance?

6. YGWBill

YGWBill LawnSite Member

Ithaca here

7. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

Rochester ny and North Carolina

8. cbelawn

cbelawn LawnSite Member
    Male, from syracuse

I try to do all my work west of Syracuse in the Faimount, Camillus Area. peace

9. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome YGWBill, Ford2000 and cbelawn. Got up this morning and the sun was shining about 20 minutes later we were socked in with rain clouds, it will be a few days before heavy mowers can be used here in the Saratoga area.

BobR

10. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

Some people were wondering about Gary's Small Engine in Clay. The problem with him is his service. I bought my first mowers from him. The price was right, but his service wasn't. I now deal with Carl's Mowers on Pottery Rd in Warners. They deal with Exmark, Husqvarna, and Hustler. They have been very good to me. Service is excellent.