Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so far we have been hit with 8" of rain since 1 a.m. Friday and now it is coming down at 3" per hour.

Don't forget that in August we had 18" of rain for the wettest August in 22 years. We had about 3" so far for the month of Sept. until today.

So all you northern cutters please, please don't tell us how wet it is there. It has been raining like this since April.

One good thing. Today was the first day off since August 14th. What happened that day you ask? Rained all day! :blob3: ;)

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by nelbuts
Well so far we have been hit with 8" of rain since 1 a.m. Friday and now it is coming down at 3" per hour.

Don't forget that in August we had 18" of rain for the wettest August in 22 years. We had about 3" so far for the month of Sept. until today.

So all you northern cutters please, please don't tell us how wet it is there. It has been raining like this since April.

One good thing. Today was the first day off since August 14th. What happened that day you ask? Rained all day! :blob3: ;)
I won't tell you how wet it is here cause we are in a draught. Haven't had any decent rains here since the first week of July. We are so far behind in precipitation that its getting kinda scary. I hope this weather pattern changes before winter. :eek:

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
So all you northern cutters please, please don't tell us how wet it is there. It has been raining like this since April
Yes, but we don't have the months of December, January, February, and March to count on to "catch up"...you do btw. We miss a cut here and there cause of too much rain and we're up the preverbial creek without sufficient means of locomtion (if ya know what I mean?).

For you in SW Florida, there is alway manana...for us, it's the dead of winter soon or later.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True NJ but we have to cut everything once per week during this time of year. Usually this is all over by mid Nov. and our drought starts in Jan. and lasts till end of May.

Don't get me wrong but I have been reading about your rain troubles this year and had to laugh a little cause we have to deal with it all the time. It gets old after awhile but you get use to it.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Kirby,

Looks like its either feast or famine for you guys.:eek:

·
Registered
901 Posts
:blob3: nelbuts, you know for how much rain you had the next day it stops the phone is gonna ring from dilweeds asking why there lawns hasnt been done in 3 days. i got people *****in because i cared about the job we do and skiped a very wet backyard (standing water), wanted to know what the problem is and why it wasnt done. unbeleivable. tony

ps lookin for to the giants/ bucs nov. 24

·
Registered
477 Posts
No problem here.... only been raining since it stopped snowing!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1. that sandy soil thing is a bunch of crap! It stands all over the place. There is NO DRAINAGE.

2. Got all my lawns cut this week. I prune Fri. Sat. and spray on Sundays.

Right now there are 6 major streets and one highway closed.
The interstate is flooded and since my post we have another seven inches.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Drenched here too. But this wimpy tropical stoorm gave us less rain than we got any other day this week, or any rainy day last month. Drainage?????? They dont know what that is around here. Good drainage here is like a good football team, very very rare. Sorry nelbuts, i just had to. Go Packers.

·
Registered
305 Posts
DLCS -
Didn't you get a little rain last week? We got some after about 6 dry weeks. It was one huge storm, then Aug. 31st & Labor Day rained sprinkles all day. It wasn't nearly enpugh, but we're getting a little greener.

I'll do a rain dance for you tonite. :D

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lawnman...... funny thing about Henri

We are getting more rain than up where you are and he is gonna hit just above you.

We have had 15" since 1 a.m. Friday morning (24 hours) everything is flooded here. With another 3"-5" more for tonight and tomorrow predicted.

No problem on the team..... Farve is one of my Fanasty Football QB's

But still ike the Bucs

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
1. that sandy soil thing is a bunch of crap! It stands all over the place. There is NO DRAINAGE.

2. Got all my lawns cut this week. I prune Fri. Sat. and spray on Sundays.

Right now there are 6 major streets and one highway closed.
The interstate is flooded and since my post we have another seven inches.
YES! this has been a VERY frustrating year for me also. I have some yards that are weeks overdue cause of all the rain. Come on winter.LOL

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by maple city
DLCS -
Didn't you get a little rain last week? We got some after about 6 dry weeks. It was one huge storm, then Aug. 31st & Labor Day rained sprinkles all day. It wasn't nearly enpugh, but we're getting a little greener.

I'll do a rain dance for you tonite. :D
We got a few light showers last Saturday but it only amounted to about .2 of a inch. The heavier stuff stayed well south of here around Peoria. We need soaking rains to get caught up on precip a few showers doesn't do squat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.