Northern Tool ATV sprayer

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by FoghornLeghorn, Sep 19, 2016.

1. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I have finally found nirvana!

After dealing with sprayers with wimpy motors, junky 80 inch boomlets sprayers, etc...

I finally bought a sprayer that works as hard as I do. This thing puts out 5.5 gallons per minute at 60psi.

It has a boomless sprayer that sprays 30 feet wide! It says 40 feet, but real world numbers are 30 feet. That translates to some SERIOUS acreage.

And it's cheap. I have nothing but good stuff to say about this thing.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...tent=2287181&gclid=CJb1-dPhnM8CFQQxaQodeS0NEw

2. pede58

pede58 LawnSite Member

I pretty much run the same kind of setup but mines custom built, use the same nozzles except their all stainless steel, my actual coverage is 32ft, you'll need gps guidance for acres. Have a 100gal tank plus 25gal up front and I use the 7gpm northern pump, only company that sells 100% duty cycle in the 12v class. I spray over 300acres a year.

3. rorrer.jus

rorrer.jus LawnSite Member

I was looking into getting one of these for spraying brine. I use my atv for plowing in the winter and figured it would work easier than a massive salt spreader and having to also carry salt bags somehow. I will probably get one for this winter since I hear its going to be a bad one.

4. nch209

nch209 LawnSite Member

I have two of these. I have 10 acres with many pines that dont allow good grass to grow underneath them, so I just kill the grass and let the needles fall and it looks great. I grouped many trees together and it looks stellar.

Problem was I was backpack spraying and it was wearing me out, so got the northern and it works flawless and is a lifesaver. Folks were naysayers to my plan initially, and now are doing the same thing. I bought a 2nd for weed killing in my grass via spot spraying. Works great.