Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have my answer for this question just figured i would see what you guys have to say. Have a customer who has a large property complaining about her bill saying that her housekeeper said that our crew didn't mow the property a certain date. Mowing crew marks off each place during route and you guessed it its marked done. So whats your strategy for resolving this isue?????? No charge or charge???

·
Registered
578 Posts
How long ago was the disputed date? How long was the housekeeper there? Is there a chance that she was gone by the time your crew came? I would have a chat with the crew and explain what is going on to see if they fess up. I would also talk to the client and find out when & how long the housekeeper was there. I would think the homeowner would notice if the property was mowed or not though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had the same thing happen the other day. The ower of and appt complex called and said the people at 1234 said you havent cut the grass i had just left the lady next door watch us cut ,when we went by to drop off a guy that works with us the people next door had just push mowed at about 2'' and yes it looked like i had never been there. :blob3:

·
Registered
823 Posts
parttimer said:
Had the same thing happen the other day. The ower of and appt complex called and said the people at 1234 said you havent cut the grass i had just left the lady next door watch us cut ,when we went by to drop off a guy that works with us the people next door had just push mowed at about 2'' and yes it looked like i had never been there. :blob3:
I have two lawns that I cut next door to each other, one at 2" and one at 3". A driveway sepperates the 2, and from the sidewalk looking at either one you cannot tell the difference in height, only if you look straight down into it you can see the dirt is a little closer on the 2" lawn (and it has more of a weed problem, and is a thinner lawn, but thats because of the cut height).

I cannot see why your cut would look any different regardless of what the neightbors cut at. If it is even, trimmed, and edged, the height should be of little significance.

Kevin

·
Banned
3,976 Posts
Tell that customer that you definitely mowed on that date, and, that you didn't recall seeing the housekeeper either...

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I used to have employees.

Until on Fridays they started marking off lawns and not mowing them.

Not all, just one here, one there, pretending to mow them.

I thought it was odd how they could have cut 2 - 2 1/2 hours off the mowing schedule.

This happened for about 3 weeks, and I caught on only on Fridays.

The first week I didn't think anything of it, the second I was trying to tell them "hey, why don't you work this hard every day to push out yards".

By the third I was getting calls on bills for yards that hadn't been mowed, that's when I drove around in the evening after they'd all gone home.

Needless to say, I was mowing myself on Saturday and yet another help wanted ad went in the paper that next Monday.

I had to refund some money to people that called and complained, I still don't know if all the people that were crossed off, if all of them even noticed or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.