Not stolen but think i got scammed

jetson

LawnSite Senior Member
What were you scammed on
You test rode it
You were given the opportunity to check it out
You were satisfied and handed him money
Where’s the scam?
Great point. He could have easily said no thanks and passed on the equipment. It’s like anything else u get used. It’s tough because of these issues. He could have ran over his yard and the wheels fell off. No scam it worked.I try to stay away from
Used equipment myself for this reason. But hopefully it’s just a small fix and it runs for a few years.

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
Used equipment is always a gamble. Same with used trucks

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Still nothing from the OP? Shocking :laugh:

caseysmowing

LawnSite Silver Member
I bought a 60 hour used 61 vride that had the PTO switch go out on the first yard. It happens.

StihlDude777

LawnSite Member
if it was a scam and something was wrong with it I dont think the seller would of let you test it out and drive it around. prob something unexspectly happened to it when it was being delivered. possibly a lose ground wire is keeping it from starting or a switch suddenly went bad.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
I was in the middle of buying a dump truck, the owner wanted to use it for one more job. The tranny went. She wanted me to pay for it. Yeah, that didn't happen.
She had it fixed & I paid the original agreed on price with the tranny rebuilt. Used it for 5 years & sold it for the same price. :)

caseysmowing

LawnSite Silver Member
I was in the middle of buying a dump truck, the owner wanted to use it for one more job. The tranny went. She wanted me to pay for it. Yeah, that didn't happen.
She had it fixed & I paid the original agreed on price with the tranny rebuilt. Used it for 5 years & sold it for the same price. :)
Same thing happened with my dump except it was the injectors. $5500 later the guy still sold it to me for the agreed upon price.

Top Forums