1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

nothin to lose

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Jun 3, 2010.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

the commander is usin big words for a friday;):laugh:

2. JoyofFluidFilm

JoyofFluidFilm LawnSite Senior Member

what is that?:confused:

3. mysteryman

mysteryman LawnSite Member

...but, isn't natural rubber the one recognized material Fluid Film advises against treating???

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

this is what the website says....

"Fluid Film has no adverse effects on plastics or synthetic rubber. On 100% natural rubber, some swelling can occur."

i'll deal with some swelling as long as there's no dry rot:weightlifter:

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

what's what joy:confused:

6. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any feedback on the tarp test? I dare you to say "tarp test" ten times total.

7. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

I am interested as well. Thats what makes this a great forum, we have a few people willing to try anything, some of the greatest discovery's were made by mistakes. who would have thought that ff would make a mower deck easier to clean and stay on for any length of time until someone tried it.

I would have guessed it would not have worked well as the swelling of the rubber would have caused it to dry rot but I have never tried it.

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

well unfortunately i am not very pleased with the results :( pictures don't lie and these pictures i feel show that they both the treated and untreated strap dry rotted equally. however, i am also positive these are not the greatest quality straps out there considering i bought them at a flea market. i would not be opposed to trying it again if i ever buy top of the line straps and i wont be opposed to spraying down any i might strap to the trucks during the winter since a fresh coat should keep the snow/ice from sticking:)

9-22.JPG

9-22 (2).JPG

9-22 (3).JPG

9. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the update! That was a different application and I thank you for taking the time to test it out. I wasn't exactly sure how it would work, but I guess now we know. :drinkup:

10. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD LawnSite Fanatic

well we know in part at least:laugh: i mean these have been screwed stationary for 3 months. or what have you so you figure if they only saw occasional use who knows;) anyway feel free to thank me by sending joy my way:drinkup: