• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

nov.11

6'7 330

LawnSite Bronze Member
Who's going to give back a little to the men and women who have kept ,and continue to keep this country free, with maybe a free mow or a bit of landscaping, for Veterans Day?
 

Brianslawn

LawnSite Silver Member
6'7 330 said:
Who's going to give back a little to the men and women who have kept ,and continue to keep this country free, with maybe a free mow or a bit of landscaping, for Veterans Day?

or how bout just a fruit basket on front step for national lawn customer appreciation week? i salute the marine i sent home crying on his first and only day with us last year!
 

jerryrwm

LawnSite Bronze Member
Brianslawn said:
or how bout just a fruit basket on front step for national lawn customer appreciation week? i salute the marine i sent home crying on his first and only day with us last year!
That should be an interesting story...
 

daveintoledo

LawnSite Silver Member
Location
northwest ohio
right, been a while

semper fi...

really miss the big ball....
 

Nosmo

LawnSite Bronze Member
Each November 11th there is a free Pancake and Sausage breakfast open to the public in my hometown. My VFW post alternates with the American Legion Post in presenting this event. It is our year to be the host for the breakfast.

Veterans, kids, housewives, singles and people of all ages are welcome.

This is another contribution from the Veterans to the community.

Nosmo
 
OP
6

6'7 330

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have two nephew's in Iraq, their two future wives are getting their lawns and landscapes taken care of,and dad's old buddy a WW2 vet gets his taken care of.

And I'm taking out some WW2 and Korea old timers,friends of my dad's for a time on the town.But most important,If you know an old time WW2 vet,take the time to go to senior centers and visit with them,you don't know how much it means to these Extraordinary guys!Then take a few minutes of your time with them ,they gave us years of theirs and our freedom.
 

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
Location
here
Not all are in the senior centers yet. I know a couple that still want to kick azz and they sure ain't kids :help: Those were and still are some of the toughest sobs on this planet.
Spend as much time as possable with them and learn about history from someone who made it, you don't have many around anymore.
 
OP
6

6'7 330

LawnSite Bronze Member
olderthandirt said:
Not all are in the senior centers yet. I know a couple that still want to kick azz and they sure ain't kids :help: Those were and still are some of the toughest sobs on this planet.
Right you are,but many are without families ,and just a few words and a listening ear means a lot to them!
 
Top