Now that Mary Lyn is gone ?????

Discussion in 'Gravely (Archived)' started by fatboynormmie, Apr 12, 2016.

1. AMC32

AMC32 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Lincolnton, NC

I don't think even a team of people could fill Mary Lyns shoes. She was simply the best and always kept in touch to see how things were going

ron mexico75 likes this.
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting....low snow throw sales caused this. Man if you are running so lean as to have to rely on a strong winter snow season to make it, thats just a tough way of doing business. Snow is wildly unpredictable.
    Then to top it off, get rid of a great helper here on Lawnsite. Tough, real tough.

JLSLLC likes this.
  3. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Silver Member

AND their online chat option is no more. What's up with that? It was a technical support option. So the guys that answered pretty much knew these Gravely machines inside and out. Did they get the boot too?

Not real sure, because the person that finally answered my email THREE DAYS later was the same guy who had helped me through multiple chat sessions.

I think maybe it's like Norm said earlier or in another thread like this one, they are putting a "firewall" between themselves and the customer. You can email and wait 3 days to get a question answered, NO number available to call them anywhere on their website, or.......go to the dealer.....good ones are FEW and FAR between in my opinion.

4. OP
    OP
    fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup and they had sales this year with the help from Mary Lyn so their metrics won't show their decline until next years sales figures. By then it might be too little to late. Hope Dan Ariens realizes what he is missing before its to late and he has to downsize to having only family run the whole buisness.I hope Steve Ariens goes to pop and explains that relying on only dealer support for their product and firewalling us end users is not good cust service. I hope they wake up and bring MaryLyn back to get this ship righted again. People are already starting to get disgusted with follow through or lack there of.