1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Now you tell me!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by kmart104, Mar 14, 2012.

1. kmart104

kmart104 LawnSite Member

So this I started making calls to local companies, nursing home and any place I thought we could get our foot in the door. One of the places I called said sure that would be great if you put in a bid on our property.
    I even met with the gentlemen and he went over everything with me on what the previous company was doing.

I thought great. So I spent a few hours going over the property getting an idea of time for clean ups, cutting, and trimming.

Then spent more time putting it all together.

When I went to give it to the person I spoke with they tell me he no longer works there. So I met the new person that is the manager there and he was great. BUT he told me that they have 9 properties all over RI and had to put a bid in on them plus do snow removal. Which our company can not handle all of these properties [plus what we have now.

Waste of time.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It seemed too good to be true and it was. Sorry you wasted your time. I got caught by a homeowner way back when I didn't know better. He asked me for a detailed bid on a lawn reno. I gave him a very detailed bid and the SOB did it himself. No more detailed bids.
    Chalk it up to experience.