Numbness and tingling in the fiingers and hand

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Fro, May 28, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Years ago, I had pain in my wrist and elbow from spraying alot of lawns per day. To solve this, we switched away from ChemLawn guns and went to Tejet lawn guns cuz they weigh about 1/3rd the weight. It worked.

Weedeating/edging + vibrations: wearing gloves has helped us with this.

2. Wally T

Wally T LawnSite Member

I have problems daily with the numbness and tingling in both my hands and fingers. I also get a burning which extends down through primarily my middle fingers. I also have what someone has called trigger finger. This is in my left middle finger. At times its strung so tight the it sort of snaps out extended or snaps to close. I contribute most of the problems to the fact that I hold onto the mower very tightly. I guess I'm pycho but holding on tight allows me to mow straight lines.

3. illday

illday LawnSite Member

The pain runs up to my elbow and actually wakes me up from a sound sleep.
    Also my fingers fall asleep when I play the guitar or bass now.

4. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

My right hand goes to sleep every time I weedeat. Feels like thousands of needles going thru my hands and wrist.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I have a tennis elbow problem from when my Permagreen hit a gopher hole.

6. Nichvegas

Nichvegas LawnSite Member

I have numbness in my right middle and ring finger. It is linked to a disc pressing on my spinal cord between C6 and C7.

7. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I get the shakes in my fingers after I'm done for the day, not outrageous, but still there. Kinda tingly in my hands too.

8. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

you prob either have tennis elbo or carpel tunnel we had this discussion a while bacvk with "ENVY" cant remember what the doc told him though.

9. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I get a wierd feeling in my hands everytime after i trim. its kinda like needles poking me really lightly.

10. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats because the nerve endings in your hands are angry at you. lol

I get it too. Sucks really bad.

I have a cyst in my right wrist that reoccures occasionally called a Ganglion Cyst. Really makes my right forearm weak for a week or two. It also gets kinda painful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganglion_cyst

I may have tennis elbow but my girlfriend has Visa wrist.