1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

O.C.D. or OCDC?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpartanBill, Jul 17, 2007.

1. SpartanBill

SpartanBill LawnSite Member

I just wanted to get some opinions, Bag or OCDC. I need to get one or the other for my w/b, I have several accts. I can't keep the clipping out of the beds(nobody has complained yet but it looks like sh*t) . I also do a lot of 1st cuts of new sod for builders, which require clippings to be collected (i usually rake and blow out so I don't have to deal with the crazy amount of clippings). Plus I'm not sure if a bagger will fit on my 5' x 10' trailer.

Thanks for any suggestions

Bill

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go ocdc. You don't want to have to load & carry clippings around all day.

3. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

Hey, SpartanBill

I have OCD, but it's treatable with medication. Does that advice help any?

I too need to get an OCDC for my workplace Exmark HP 56. Let us know what you get and how well it works.

Spartan = ties to MOO U ????

4. SpartanBill

CARCRZ, that's kinda what i was thinking.

I'v looked at a couple manual operated($200), but for an extra $60 the powerchute is looking pretty good. Has anybody out there tried it yet.

Go Green

5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Its more like $285.00 shipped and it works well. The York looks best to me if you want a lever operated. I think its at yorksheet.com and its called The Director.

6. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer optional bagging at an additional charge, for lawns that have beds that will get grassy I have mandatory bagging. Be careful I charged too little for it the first year and many ppl signed up and I was pizzed at myself, this year I priced it correctly and its like picking up 5 new customers.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Baggers are nice to have for clean-ups but for mowing you need a ocdc. I have built my own and with success and i have fooled around with some of the junk ones manufactured. But lately I have been using Powerchute. Well worth the money. I was hesitent before thinking that i could easily break it but I have smacked it into sign posts and such with no breakage. I love the Powerchute very good product. In fact i'd like to get two more of them and I probably will before the season is up.:)

8. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

do they make a Powerchute for a 48" WB turboforce?

could use one.

9. mauler01

mauler01 LawnSite Member

honestly i dont know how anyone even mows without an ocdc. my 60 will throw grass 10'. it was a nightmare around flower beds and cars. its the best 200 you can spend. i got mine for 150 on ebay.

10. SpartanBill

I can mow just fine w/o its the clippings in the beds and clean up I have a problem with.:laugh: Thanks for the ebay tip.

DLCS, thanks for the duribility test, I was wondering how well it would hold up.

If I add a power source can it be run on a w/b?

Thanks again,
    Bill