1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Odd issue that has carried to 2 mowers now...

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cashishift, Jun 8, 2020.

1. cashishift

cashishift LawnSite Member

Recently had a Honda HRC216 that had all sorts of issues ranging from issues with self propel to it smelling like it was burning oil to the main issue of cut quality. It would leave a strip down the left hand side of the mower almost every line down the yard. I tried everything and the dealer couldn’t figure it out either. The dealer gave me a credit for it and I picked up a Toro 22298 commercial model, again, as I really wanted a mower that I’ll have for the next 20 years like the ones I grew up with. (95/96 Recyclers/Super Recyclers)

So I get the Toro home, it now has about 3-4 hours on it - and it’s doing the same dam thing with the stripe down the left hand side. Cannot figure out what on earth could be causing this issue. I line up the wheels on the last cut, left or right side depending on how I am cutting, mowing at speed 2 which is the fastest I would want to go. I bag the grass every time, and I am not cutting too much off as far as I can tell.

When the lawn is mowed with my brother in laws Toro TimeMaster, none of these issues present themselves.

2. Youngandfree

Youngandfree LawnSite Member
    from VA

Is it on every yard or just the same yard?

3. OP
    OP
    cashishift

I have only mowed my own, not running a service.

4. OP
    OP
    cashishift

5. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

So you're trampling down a line of grass with the wheels. Either your grass is sticking down (too wet), or is too limp (too dry) to stand back up, or your deck is so high that it's not getting enough suction to lift the grass back up. And a few minutes later, the blades stand back up, and you've got a missed strip.

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

Nevermind...reread the first post.

7. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Gold Member

Could you post a
    Picture of said line?

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Youngandfree

Youngandfree LawnSite Member
    from VA

Do you mow the same pattern every time?

9. OP
    OP
    cashishift

In some areas yes but alternate direction (along fence line for example) other than that, nope. I will be mowing the back diagonal next, and the front diagonal the other direction.

10. OP
    OP
    cashishift

sure, I can post examples of what it looks like tomorrow.

Cam15 and Andrew H like this.