• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

# of cuts in Southeast?

Premier landscaping south

LawnSite Senior Member
I am trying to finalize all my estimates so I can get them in the mail. I mowed part time and started last spring with a couple bermuda lawns, 2nd week of April.

I have many estimates for both bermuda and fescue.

I have done a search on # of cuts but just can't seem to nail it down. This is what I am currently proposing.

Bermuda: 27 cuts, April 15Th through October 15Th.

Fescue : 33 cuts, March 15Th through October 31st.

Anybody in the Southeast agree or disagree with this assessment?

Last edited:
OP

LawnSite Senior Member
Fescue 35 cuts: March 15th through Nov 30th. November would be bi weekly. Leaving Dec for fall cleanup.

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
That would be sweet. We get about 16 cuts a year here on fescue/kentucky blend. For those who fail to water its more like 12 cuts.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Not from the SE BUT if it helps anyone in the Upper Midwest, I get 24-25 cuts/season here

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
Not from the SE BUT if it helps anyone in the Upper Midwest, I get 24-25 cuts/season here
I'm not calling you a liar but I find that hard to believe unless you are cutting like every 4 days. I lived in North Dakota for four years and I get longer seasons in Montana than I got in Nodak. I just seems that a few more hours east couldn't change things that much.