1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

offering straight fertilizer legal????????

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by The Rookie, Mar 1, 2007.

1. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

Is broadcasting straight fertilizer in a customers yard without a license illegal in Kentucky?? All these threads I have read are confusing me because I was under the impression that I could not fertilize without a license. I am going to try and get one soon but if I don't have to have one for fertilizer application, then I may reconsider even worrying about it. All post appreciated.:dizzy:

2. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Most states do not require a license to apply regular fert. I would check with Kentucky's state chemist office or whatever it's called down there.

3. flyfisherman3369

flyfisherman3369 LawnSite Member

contact your Dept of Ag all states are different.

4. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

You cannot apply chemicals or fertilizers to any persons lawn for money without a license here.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow,...not even straight fertilizer?

6. bnorton

bnorton LawnSite Member

No not even fertilizer. You can do it but dont get caught by the State Ag or get turned in by a LCO with a license or you will pay the fine.

7. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

I will get my license before I spread it in others yards. thanks for the post. In the mean time I will mow mow mow mow.:weightlifter: