1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Office organization

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mack, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

I just did a search and had no luck. My question is how is your office set up.
    I was looking for stuff like what files you have (like Visa, Gas, Maintenance, Taxes ect.). I seem to have to reorganize my office every winter to get it ready for the next year. I was just checking to see how your office is set up or what you do to keep the mess clean.

2. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I know guys who use a laptop and Pro-Landscape Software

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am using Quick Books PRO. Works well for me. One computer for business only. I have an IPAQ from Compaq that works well in the truck. Other guys us a notebook. Cell phones of course to store numbers, ect when on a job estimating. 4 in 1 machine to copy, scan, fax, print. 1 business phone, good answering machine.

Two filinf cabinets - mower gas, truck gas, Health insur / Work Insur / cell bill, equipment, just different files that work for your setup.

Then all other office stuff.

I prefer the hand on approach being out in the field but I find myself more and more in the office doing bookwork, estimating, calling, etc.