Office Space?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 205mx, Feb 10, 2019.

1. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

I am currently considering renting office space for my business.

My business is a small business generating about 700,000. I don’t know if I am ready for this move or not. I have had 1 other person tell me it is a good move and recommend to me.

I have a part time office manager who works remotely, and sometimes works at my house.

I am picking up things from her and her from me, and we are always misaligned in schedule because of the nature of the business. (I’ll have to leave, etc).

I am thinking having a central location for office operations may be healthy.

The cost is $400/month. Includes internet, water, and electric etc.

2. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

The first question to ask is always "What do I have to lose by...". In this case it would seem, that as long as your office manager is good with it, the worst that can happen is you are out $400 a month for some period of time. At $700,000 in revenue this shoudn't be an issue. Try it.

snomaha and hort101 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    205mx

Thank you! It’s not a big issues and it is month to month, no multi year leases etc.

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Getting an office was one of the best things we did for our business, both for organization and for growth.

Plus it gave me an increased seriousness towards my business, as well as more respect among the business community.

hort101 and younggold like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    205mx

I think right now I still feel a bit unserious or insecure about the business. Doesn’t feel like a company. With an office I am hoping comes a more serious attitude. Thank you for the input.

hort101 and AlohaMowing like this.
  6. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh