Official centipede thread

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, May 1, 2017.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

The pic of the improperly mowed grass? I actually have it. That was a 1/2 acre lawn a few houses down from the Robin's Nest. I get really uptight about big lawns that are not maintained correctly because scalping out thatch from a big lawn is 20 times the work and trash than a 1000 sq ft lawn.

hort101 likes this.
  2. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

Google "Robin's Nest Hawaii"

3. MSlawnman

MSlawnman LawnSite Member

Completed the second treatment with Bayleton on my centipede lawn today. I haven't noticed any significant recovery of the affected turf but it does seem to have stopped any further progression. Was hoping to see some regrowth in the affected areas but not yet it seems.

Any input from the group on what I should expect to see?

BTW, hurricane Nate passed through about a week after my first application. Lots of rain and downed leaves, limbs which were promptly removed. Not sure what affect this had. I'm bagging clippings and disposing of them.

hort101 likes this.
  4. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Thumbs UpThumbs Up

5. MSlawnman

Thanks, good advice. I'm not going to do much, if any, weed control right now except in some of the healthier areas. I've had a problem with dove weed late this year due to the excessive wet weather we've had. What I didn't pull by hand I'm going to hit with some atrazine when temps fall below 90.

I have to say, following the advice I've received here most of my lawn is looking pretty good. If it wasn't for this darn fungus I'd be going into winter with a fairly decent lawn.

6. MSlawnman

That's some nice looking centipede. Wish I could get all of mine looking that nice.

7. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Gallery sc is not as expensive as I thought. Got a price of about $60 per gallon.

Applying at the 31 oz per acre rate should provide pretty good control? Would you do a split app like prodiamine?

8. greendoctor

Wow, who quoted you a price like that. Gallery SC is $200+ per quart. 1 quart per acre application rate. I would look at the off patent Isoxaben DF offering. The SC can also get clumps in storage.

9. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Helena. My quote sheet says gallery sc 1 gallon 60.44.

I wonder if correct. Seems 1 pound self was $115.

10. greendoctor

Other size of the SC is a 2 gallon jug. That goes for @$1500. No way can a gallon be only $60. Maybe $600 per gallon if you are getting a super discount on the 2 gallon.