Official Scag Tiger Cat II thread. Picked ours up today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ProStreetCamaro, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Once the grass gets going I will give a full review on this machine. For now I can only give initial impressions. From what I see I am very impressed. Everything is laid out very nicely and easy to operate and get to things. The foot platform is bigger than the previous tiger cat. The deck adjustment is much better with the pin on top instead of the side. The rear tires are very large for this frame size mower. The suspension seat is far more comfortable than I was expecting. The 2 Gravely 460's I had before had awesome air ride but the actual cushion in the seat itself was VERY firm. This scag seat has a very soft cushion and the suspension has a ton of travel and is easy to adjust. The trim side of the deck has a tremendous amount of overhang which I love. I missed that about the Gravely 460 which had almost no trim side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Derwood

Derwood LawnSite Bronze Member

Which hydro's are on there?

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Nice pics bro. How is the leg room between your knees and the joysticks. It might help to know how tall you are too. I have always been way too cramped on the std TC and could never raise or lower the deck with the sticks in the drive position because the right stick prevented me from moving my leg to do it, and that was on a TC with the sticks in the top setting for height. I am really interested in how this mower works out for you.

4. OP
    OP
    ProStreetCamaro

I am 5'10 and it seemed like i had enough room. I didn't play around on it much so i will check that out for you friday when i am back down at my parents house. This new model also has an adjustable peg for the deck lift instead of the old flat non adjustable pad of the older model. Same peg setup that our 460 had. Has 3 holes you can put it in.

5. OP
    OP
    ProStreetCamaro

This is what scags website says. 12cc Hydro-Gear Hydraulic Pumps equipped with cooling fans are paired with Parker Hydraulic Wheel Motors.

6. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Senior Member

That machine looks nice. I have never used a Scag but one day I would love to try one out.

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That's a great looking mower, would not expect anything but excellent results, the engine will run on fumes with fuel economy so good it will be hard to believe.

Nh scape likes this.
  9. mowcrazy

mowcrazy LawnSite Senior Member

I kid you not my uncle bought the old style tiger cat 61" last year with the 26.5 kohler efi. I know most will question this and I would to had I not seen it with my own eyes. That mower religiously gets .75 gallons per hour. Which honestly makes sense beings the 27 kohler carbed same mower (I've owned several) get right at 1gph during normal every week growth. I'm impressed with these pics. To the point that I'm headed to the dealer to check the exact mower out myself. Weren't the old pumps 10cc?? This mower be a little quicker? I was dead set on another turf tiger but I don't know now. Like what I see

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

did that machine come with the tiger eye control module thingy and the economy switch thinga ma jig?