Oh boy.

AnotherOkie

LawnSite Senior Member
We've been encountering some poa annua in bermuda in late winter along the edge of golf course that seems to be resistant to roundup and simizine. Have to bump up to monument, certainty or revolver.

KerbDMK

LawnSite Gold Member
Excellent Photo @That Guy Gary. Look at those nice long onion skin like ligules! Those help identify poa annua, poa trivialis, and poa compressa (poa parentis (kbg) has very short ligules). Did you see any of those on the grass you identified as poa compressa?

KIMG1444b_LI.jpg

OP
T

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
Excellent Photo @That Guy Gary. Look at those nice long onion skin like ligules! Those help identify poa annua, poa trivialis, and poa compressa (poa parentis (kbg) has very short ligules). Did you see any of those on the grass you identified as poa compressa?

View attachment 388284
No, that's what threw me off. I knew it wasn't pratensis but couldn't wrap my head around it. It was fading hard when Summer hit, like triv. I might have actually been watching the KBG originally sodded fade.

I think I know what caused it to become dominant. I don't believe I have the influence to change it though. I see it happening on other sites too, I think it's time to let them go.