• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Oh Canada!

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
That will go over as well as the US puttin a whoopin on Canada in the Medal Count in the Olympics on their soil:)

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i read it and it is abunch of crap. they are messed up and you can seehow far out of touch the lawmakers are up there.

why would you use a combo UNLESS it is needed. duh, they are for convenience, for when both fert and pesticide are both needed at the same time. wow, i would not even want ot be in lawn care in canada. no way. you canucks are ********!

Grandview

LawnSite Gold Member

turfsolutions

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing, but when I see homeowners putting out blanket broadleaf applications when there is no need for it, something needs to be done to stop the Scotts and similiar companies. When I see pros using allectus (nuclear bomb) on all their properties, then something needs to be done. Not saying that there is not a use for allectus, but it is surely not IPM. I will say that fert with premergant pesticide is a product that most guys would miss.

EcoGreen Services

LawnSite Member
This had been in effect since last April in Ontario.
It's even stricter, All cosmetic pesticides and herbicides have been banned.
Really ridiculous, I can't use RoundUp on a residential property except is certain circumstances , But a homeowner can still buy it in WalMart or Lowes (even though they're only supposed to use it on noxious weeds ). And we all know how they love to over apply.

That will go over as well as the US puttin a whoopin on Canada in the Medal Count in the Olympics on their soil:)
But you're going to get your butts kicked in Hockey.... And that's the only medal that matters anyways. :canadaflag:

congrats on the Figure skating Mens Gold.

How does it ensure IPM? It will only drive up costs. Instead of one trip it takes two. Either the applicator takes a hit or the customer pays more. Sounds like something Obama would try. Stupid.
Both, It's more labor and because the organics require considerably more product for the same results the overall cost is higher. But if you brew your own compost tea, so are the profit margins.

For me it's been good since we've done all organic for a while. it's "weeded" out the 4 sprays for $129.95 Juice Sprayers.

The sad part is a lot of these unlicensed guys have taken to using gasoline on weeds.

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
But you're going to get your butts kicked in Hockey.... And that's the only medal that matters anyways. :canadaflag:

congrats on the Figure skating Mens Gold.

That's Funny!!!!

The sad part is a lot of these unlicensed guys have taken to using gasoline on weeds.
If they were licnesed they would know diesel works better!!!
All products should be RUP that way you have to have a license to purchase the product. I thnk then a lot of these problems and the laws that are made because of them would go away.