1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Oh My Aching Back!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Charles, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Well I did it again.
    Things have been slow here with the leaves just starting to fall at a decent clip. So I go to do my first leaf job and am a bit out of shape. I start off blowing the leaves. I never think to warm up before doing so(a chilly day that day). Now my lower back is killing me. I can barely sit up at the putor.
    It pays to do some warm up exercises before putting that blower on your back:cry:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It also helps not to get old...wish I could do that. :laugh:

3. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

Every year I could count on my back going out for a week.

I take the time each day now to work out and wear a brace when lifting heavy objects and am thrilled to have gone quite awhile without the pain and being out of commission (knocking on wood).

4. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

:laugh: If you find out that secret, you'd be rich for sure.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wayne

6. Charles

I keep forgetting that part too lol. Maybe I am trying to forget. I laid on one of those vibrating heating pad deals last night. Helped a lot but still had a hard time putting my socks on this morning:rolleyes:

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Charles, it is real easy to forget that cleanups are one helluva lot harder on the body than just mowing IMO.

8. Charles

Yup that is true, well I am going to go lay down for awhile*trucewhiteflag* :laugh:

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Not true... Round is in fact a shape.

The warm up idea is brilliant. Hope your and your back get back to speaking terms shortly.

10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i stretch most every morning before work and my guys look at me like im crazy