1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Oh no...another lowball scenario

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have seen 5 different LCOs on a block that I currently have 2 customers on. I "could" get their business by charging $25 per cut (they are charging 30-35). I am not bragging but we do a better job than most of the LCOs we see or, atleast as good. I would have to stop my truck ONE TIME to cut 11 houses plus the 2 that I do. I would make $325 for the 4 hours of work it would take me to do it....especially with the 36 inch wright stander. None of these homes have a backyard and I could literally make ONE PASS at 3 homes...anyway....I am NOT hurting for business but I feel $325 is not a bad shake.

I don't feel bad for asking this question because I can justify the lowering of price due to not having to travel. The third guy that is hired for this day gets his 4 hour minimum pay ($50) and the rest as they say, is history.

2. roger miller

roger miller LawnSite Member

all of my accounts each day are together like that. one day i go to one area and cut all day and move the truck a quarter mile. the next day i go to a different area and do the same. it is a really good situation because i spend no time in my truck any more than if i went to a regular job every day. keeps my overhead down and my time efficient. i see guys driving all over for 1 here and 1 there. i can do a lot more jobs in a day in a lot less time and make a lot more money than them. i know i am fortunate. do the same.