1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ohio Lawn thread

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 9, 2007.

1. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks guys, I am going to put a jack on it in the morning and see what it will take. I have a backup 52 walkbehind (older unit) so it might be getting a work out. The only bad thing is, I twisted my ankle getting the freaking lazer off the trailer tonight. Hurts like a bi@%h and it starting to swell a little. I should have just let the sob run into the wall. lol

While I am at it, I am going to put a new blade belt on it too.

2. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya i want to get another 60 lazer that way stripes match up. But i need to find someone that i can trust to work along side of me and do the quality of work that i require. Ill kill myself if i keep this up.

Seems like I've got more work now that requires some push mowing so I think its time to move up to a self propelled 21"er. trying to find a decent one without dumping lot of money into it. I like the exmark 26 metro but thats way out of budget. Usually just buy cheap crapsman ones lol and just replace after a couple years.

3. jpp

If you can find yourself an old toro with the suzuki engine on it 2 cycle get that before the exmark. Rhinoll, on here has the 21 exmark and it seems like he has some major issues with that thing. I hear the 26 incher's are just way to heavy.

4. Travis E

I wonder who makes the toro ones that homer depot sells

5. jpp

I picked up a personal pace one from there a couple of years ago. I use that as my back up to my commercial 21 toro. It runs pretty good. The only thing, it is the alumunim deck. But other than that I am happy with it. I keep it at my Mom;s and use it there.

6. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

7. Travis E

For 300 bucks and free shipping its about hard to go wrong with it.

8. jpp

I agree. I rarely use the 21 just on some very small areas and a couple of hills when it is wet out. Which this years mean at least 10 times a week. lol

I am going to bed, my ankle is screaming and I am taking some medicine for that. Catch you all tommorrow and I hope we all can get some work done.

9. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

We are about 15 miles east of Marion. If you ever need help with work over that way. Give me a holler. Especially in the winter.

10. Travis E

We had rain this morning, not even a chance for it!