Lawn Care Forum banner
81 - 100 of 11,126 Posts
waiting with aprils bill we will tell then that starting in May your new price will be such and such. 2.50 right now so in the summer we will be well over 3.00 i am sure.

biggin69
i use quick books pro for invoicing and accounting.
clean up, clean up sticks, leaves debris is the basic clean up you can cut back perennials & grass plants, rake baeds. i walk the property and think about how long it is going to take to get er done

mulching, are you edging? weeding? any removal or bed shaping? i usually go between$80-&110 per yard of colored mulch or bark mulch. i will walk the property and count off how much mulch i'll be using. i am sure some people will measure each bed and come up with the sq ' and do the calculatin depending on the depth of mulch they are using.

hope it helps

I found this thread so I thought I'd jump into the conversation. Anyone know of a good trailer dealer in Cleveland suburbia area? Or a good equipment dealer for that matter. I want to hear who's delt with who

Were glad to see more buckeyes, on the site.

Were pricing to kinda help with gas cost, but if you rise your prices to much your price your self out of the work, were add a surecharge if needed when the price goes up.

Tom, Good to hear you got your stuff.

Walker, glad your getting some work done, we got some stuff lined up, but nothing we can do this week. Weather permiting i'm hope we can start next week.

Younpup, how are you my friend, long time no see, lol.
Hey Ron,

HOw are things going up there? Same ole same ole here in Columbus. Just getting ready to start up for the green season. Actually need to put some numbers on a bid to get out to a potential client today. Have a good year up there and to everyone else as well.

JP

Hey guys.

I put out some doorhangers today, think its too early with the weekend coming up? I only put out 100 or so to highend customers.

I made that bid today. I felt very confident with my bid and I feel that they might accept it too. Which then would be my first customer. Excited!

Anybody know where I can look into getting a 12" trailer? Smith trailers and equipment. Anybody ever dealt with them? What price do you think I can figure on paying. I went to a dealer few weeks ago and he said about $1200 I believe.
Smith Trailers is the ONLY way to go in Cincy. The costs have a lot to do with the axle and weight capacity and little to do with the size. Looking at $2000 for a single axle and $4000 for a dual-axle. Dandy dumps are the SH*T, but will run $7000 for a 12,000 lb capacity.

I know snow season is over, but I am cleaning out my barn and wondered if anyone was interested in a Highlighter magnetic 2 rotating beacon light bar, or a single magnetic strobe. Both work great and are in good condition.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Wood Flooring Gas

Amber Fluid Automotive lighting Wood Rectangle

Automotive lighting Light Amber Orange Wood

Automotive lighting Light Amber Orange Wood

Hi everyone. NorthCoast LawnScapes here. Just east of Cleveland. We will be attending the Best Buy open house. My name is Steve, I will be there most of the day. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

I'm a new-comer to this site. Was searching for a forum to complain about a maintenance company, and came across this site.

Everything is gassed and ready to go. Hope to do the commercial mulching jobs the last week of March. payup

Hey guys day cut short %^&$ing RAIN. Hey BIGGIN a have a demo copy of Groundskeeper 6.0 if you want it.
TEAM
Glad to have you on here you guys hard at it yet?
I hope this forcast coming up is a look into the SPRING for us. I hate through mulch in the ran does nothing but create more work and a big freakin mess.
Glad to have all you new guys on the OHIO thread:waving: We all pretty down to EARTH here. We will tell ya straight up. Sometimes in a nice way sometimes:nono: :hammerhead:
JOSH

Is any one else's getting phone calls?? We've been getting calls off the wall, I have about 30 bids to get out and phones still ringing, never have I had calls llike this this soon..

Tommy Boy, where are you?? I thinkn you droped off the face of the earth.

Walker, PM me you number again, and I'll send that to you again...

Big, How do u like the program??

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Whats up boys?? No calls as of yet, unfortunatly. Waiting for our tornado now!!!!! One just touched down in the Elyria area west of Cleveland!!!!! Holy crap this is gonna be scary tonite!!!!! I have been through 4 in my life at my mom's house in Kentucky. Those things are so friggin scary. I hope it doesnt happen. We got a tornado warning for now. Severe t-storms rolling through, hail, etc. This sucks!!!!

Calls are trickling in, but nothing significant yet. I have a feeling that will end by next week though. We've been out doing H&G Show estimates all week.

I got my first spring clean-up job today!!! I took Walkers advice and talked to my customer about how the tree comp. did him wrongby not cleaning up and he agreed to a spring clean-up. He also stated that the tree comp. left all of the trees and big limbs in his back yard after the cut them up and wants me to quote hauling it all off for him. It is about friggin' time!!!

Biggin
Good for you buddy make sure you make some money for your drive time, dump fees, and think it all out the best productive way. You might even think of working a chipper into the bid also with the cost of the rent and drive time back and forth to the rental place. Plus your fuel for all of that too Did you get my post about the software it is just sitting here.
We are getting call from word of mouth, yellow pages, Service Magic and quarterly letters we send out to our customers.
JOSH

got an estate estimate to do on the following in stages

blow out beds 8 man hours
prune 19 over growen nightmares
then later in season
775 liner feet bed edging
28 yds mulch
plant stake set 9 trees

then in july
35ft long walk

then monthly maint. program on beds and plants

8 man hrs /disposal 330
edging 600
hacking or pruning 5hr 175
mulching 1800

rough pricing gonna give on a few would like the big job 2 min. from home shop at least 50% profit

Biggin
Good for you buddy make sure you make some money for your drive time, dump fees, and think it all out the best productive way. You might even think of working a chipper into the bid also with the cost of the rent and drive time back and forth to the rental place. Plus your fuel for all of that too Did you get my post about the software it is just sitting here.
We are getting call from word of mouth, yellow pages, Service Magic and quarterly letters we send out to our customers.
JOSH
Software??? What are you talking about?

Spring and summer were nice while they lasted. I woke up this morning to white ground and snow so hard you couldn't see 10 feet. Did I miss spring and summer, or were they just 2 days long??? Maybe if I blink it will get warm again. Great Cleveland Ohio area weather.
Don

Discussion starter · #98 ·
I thought I slept all of spring, summer and fall!!!:laugh: I had to ask my wife what day it was. Then I realized that we live in wonderful NE Ohio. Only here in 4 days can you get summer temps, snow, a tornado, an earthquake, and flooding:dizzy: Just another set back to spring:realmad:

You gotta love Ohio weather ..This is nuts ....go to bed and its spring ...wake up and winters back ...plow ??? mow ? ..cleanups ?? ahh who cares ..it's a day on the computer

81 - 100 of 11,126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.