Lawn Care Forum banner
121 - 140 of 11,126 Posts
just go hit what you want with advertising if you don't want those types of homes don't go after them.

So far the best earliest line up I have ever had thanks to sending out forms to customer early March to sign up for work through the season.

Spring Clean ups about 10 so far on the list with a few done
Landscape work 20 jobs approx
Currently have 70 +or - weekly mows with a few double cuts
We have various estimates out on hardscape, landsape, mowing

I have tried door hangers last year put 1,000 out got 2 calls 1 job
phone book mailers too much money and no luck either
TV comercial on local cable just get lost with 1,000 other landscapers on their
local papers never worked for us either just price shoppers and late payers
We have growen mostly on referals and keeping our rig lookin good and lettered.

Our goal for now is to max out our mowing crew looking for 40 more high end lawns

then we will start a landscpe hardscape crew full time would like to dabble in decorative masonary small excavation projects

A pop quiz for the NEW guys. You have to a gravel slab or landing for the trailer. You have at your disposal a Dingo mini skid Rock will be delivered.
The area is 30' X 20" Plus 6'X 10' in front of the shed. I allready have a price.
I figure I could make you guys callenge yourselves if you ever have a situation were you have to do something like this. Keep in mind you will have to dig this out to. What kind of question do you need to ask yourself?
You more seasoned guys hold off on this. Get to it class.:hammerhead:
JOSH

Wheel Tire Tree Plant Travel trailer

Discussion starter · #135 ·
Josh, I would have to ask, how stuck is that trailer first and foremost!!!:) And could you send me some reading material on that advertising you sent to GV?? This will be my first year as well and want to make some money!!!

Ronnie, I didnt plow. As fast as I got the plow all hooked and ready to run, it stopped and began melting. I said f*** this and took it back off again.:dizzy: That is how it always works I guess. Did you plow any at all?? Gimme a shout later, I will be home.

Discussion starter · #137 ·
I may have to look into it. I have all of the info for it, just kinda leery about it I guess. But it is worth a shot!!!

Discussion starter · #140 ·
Josh, I will do some good research on it. If I do have any questions at all, I will for sure call you!!! Thanks for the help.:waving:

Ronnie, we are all talking good about you so far:rolleyes: LOL!! I still think it would be funny if you would run from your dad's dog:laugh: I think you would need to wear some kind of padding though. Maybe wear one of those fat man suits:)

121 - 140 of 11,126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.