1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Oil drain plug on Exmark Metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KC MOW, May 13, 2007.

1. KC MOW

KC MOW LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I keep reading about how Kawasaki engines are hard on oil and that worries me because i have not been able to change to oil on my mower yet because the drain plug bolt head is rounded. I bought this special tool to get rounded bolts off and i am using a 24" breaker bar and all the force i can put on it and it wont break loose. I am afraid i might have to take it to shop to get drilled out but shop said it would be a week and a half to get anything fixed and i mow Mon-Fri and they closed Sunday that leaves one day. I cant afford a motor if this one blows up
    any suggestions appreciated
    thanks

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I don't know about you, but my Metro HP's oil gets drained using a socket wrench on the left hand side, if your standing behind it. It drains through a hole and into a pan under the mower. Pretty simple and easy.

3. tlc2002

tlc2002 LawnSite Member
    from 53597

How about getting one of those pumps and suck it oun the dip stick tube

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I have a set of Craftsman Bolt-out sockets (10 piece set?). Grips rounded bolt heads tight - makes short work of 'em.