Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
13,509 Posts
I agree totally...this is speculation, projecting storms and jacking the price of oil (and hence gas) up in ADVANCE. And we are all at the mercy.....

Here's another good one. Gas prices here in SE MN went up 20 cents OVERNIGHT due to a report of political unrest in Georgia (in asia not US). Oil went up a couple bucks a barrel and gas just shot up. Now, its trickling down in its usual manner, penny by penny.
The whole supply chain is making big money, from oil co's right down to stations. For things to change, things have to change.

· Registered
52 Posts
Yet we sit on top of hundreds of billions of barrels of our own oil and natural gas.

· Registered
58 Posts
Ever since Katrina the oil companies found a new excuse to raise their prices.

:hammerhead:

· Registered
302 Posts
From what I have read Americans are curtailing their oil usage and we as a country have cut back our oil usage 800,000 barells a day. I think we should be switching to alternative fuels reguardless of the price just so we are not reliant on Arab nations that hate us. Everytime OPECer raises their prices to us we should raise our price on food that we export to them (after all now it costs more to produce that food)

· Registered
346 Posts
My wife just called, she went to Walmart. She said people are already lining up at the gas pumps here and all the water was already gone at Walmart. One guy in front of her had a 55 gallon drum filling it up. I guess what happened with Katrina has gotten everybody on edge.

· Registered
244 Posts
Maybe...I think it probably has more to do with gas going up in price due to the storm. My wife works with a girl who still has connections as Macs gas and she was told today that gas will go up 14 cents a gallon by tommorrow morning. :dizzy:

· Registered
13,509 Posts
I'll bet if the forecasters predicted a light hurricane season in the Gulf, gas prices would not go DOWN would they? The oil supply/demand curve is far, far from elastic - speculation among other forces jerk it around, on the backs of folks like us.

· Registered
2,012 Posts
the weather channel is showing maps of dots showing where the oil rigs in the gulf are compared to the projected path of Gustov. This is Katrina gas shortage speculation all over again. As we all rush to the pumps to beat the increase the surge in demand causes the price to increase . Our panic is our own worst enemy but what can you do. What better reason to drill for oil somewhere besides the gulf!!! but then again the weather channel may show a blizzard map headed for Anwar and create the same panic. People are stupid ! bush lifts the executive ban on offshore drilling and oil drops $29 a barrel . Everyone in the country should have called their congress person to force the commy Nancy Pelosi to allow a vote in congress to lift the ban in the interest of the American people and gas speculation. Without drilling one drop we may have seen oil fall below $100 a barrel and the push downward of gas prices. Instead she called a 5 1/2 week recess to promote her new book that fell on its face thank God. With a vote in congress we could see for ourselves who really represents us little people and who represents the oil lobby. The last thing they want is to have a track record that proves they don't care about us before the election so we can vote their a$$ out. Cowards and yet they still get re elected... people are stupid

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.