1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Oil Question

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by freshcut, Oct 26, 2002.

1. freshcut

freshcut LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a Hustler Super Z with a 25 HP Kaw. and would like to know what is the best oil to run it??? The manual is very vague about the weight to use etc. I would really appreciate any recommendations for the proper oil to run. I want to ensure I do not void my warranty on the engine. Thanks

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I run 10/30 mobil 1 synthetic but you can run 10/30 or 10/40 in these mowers depending on what the temperature is in your area. The hydro's call for 10/40 and the engine calls for 10/30 in the manual I think.

3. freshcut

freshcut LawnSite Member

So it's ok to run synthetic oils in them? Are synthetic oils really that much better? I put 10w-30 Valvoline in it. Is that ok?

4. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I think that synthetic has it's benefits, it doesn't break down as fast as regular oil. You are fine using valvoline 10w30 in your mower.

5. freshcut

freshcut LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help P&J. I appreciate it.