1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Ok Another License Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Kingspointe, Jan 30, 2003.

  1. Kingspointe

    Kingspointe LawnSite Member
    Messages: 56

    When you guys say fertilizer, is it mostly chemical or solid that you apply. I know I need to do some studying on this and which licenses I should get, I'm only looking to apply the solid or bagged material for the start then add on. You can tell I'm a beginner with this one so any info would be great, thanks guys!
  2. Fvstringpicker

    Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 7,670

    I'm not sure about Mich. , but in Georgia anything equal to and above so called "weed and feed" fertilizer requires an applicators license. It is my understanding that some states require a special licenses to apply just fertilizer. Best to check with your state's dept of agriculture or local county extention office.
  3. bob

    bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE
    Messages: 4,260

    In my state, it makes no difference what type, solid or liquid. It all falls under the same catagory. Catagory #3- Turf and Ornimental
  4. Kingspointe

    Kingspointe LawnSite Member
    Messages: 56

    thanks guys

Share This Page