OK to spray weed killer on fence lines?

Derwood

LawnSite Bronze Member
People around here are getting popped left and right. A good friend of mine who is a custodian got nailed for spraying a fence line with roundup that he bought at Walmart.

I gotta find out what the fine was (this is WI - perhaps one doesn't need to be licensed in other states)

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
People around here are getting popped left and right. A good friend of mine who is a custodian got nailed for spraying a fence line with roundup that he bought at Walmart.

I gotta find out what the fine was (this is WI - perhaps one doesn't need to be licensed in other states)
I think just about everywhere you are supposed to be licensed unless you are doing your own property. I have no idea what the fines are, may find out someday, but there is no enforcement in my area that I know of. I've been researching a little to see how I can get licensed in PA. All I want is an herbicide category to spray gly, but have been having trouble finding info on it and if one can acquire just a license for that. I only do minimal spraying anyway.

OP
W

williams lcm

LawnSite Bronze Member
What about the salt, baking soda and vinegar method. Do you need a license for that? RM 43 weed killer has the preemergent in it

Derwood

LawnSite Bronze Member
I used to be licensed (last 5 years). But I didn't pay for the renewal this year so no spraying for me. I would have to take/pass the test again for next season.

I don't spray enough for it to be worth it. A while back I had about a 100 million feet of fence lines at a couple schools I cut. It was worth it when I had those accounts!!