Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A giant-vac whisper jet with a kohler 12.75/13 CS12T motor, or a fradan with the same motor? i figure it's kind of like comparing an EB7001 with an EBZ8000; the 7001 in theory is just as POWERful, but pushes everything out in somewhat of a pencil stream like the red tip of a power washer. the yellow tip on the other hand, being compared to an 8000. the fradan, like the 8000 puts out more volume, but the 7001 is more focused, just like the whisper-jet. what do you kids think about this, before i rebuild another kohler and put the two side by side to figure it out.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well, the Fradan is sexier, but more expensive. And always in danger of going bankrupt.

The Giant-Vac isn't going anywhere, as B&S scooped it up. Save some money up front, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HMM jkason I don't know about that. I think your wrong. Many people say Giant Vac is the step son Briggs and Stratton Never wanted. Since B&S took them on they have done nothing to improve these products. I really think Fradan gets a bad rap. Fradan has been in Business for over 20 years and they keep improving their models with new features. Have you seen there new truck loaders? Check it out http://www.fradanpower.com/leaf-vacuums.php

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Since B&S took them on they have done nothing to improve these products. I really think Fradan gets a bad rap. Fradan has been in Business for over 20 years and they keep improving their models with new features.
I think I have to agree with Nighthawk on this. I have a GV truck loader sitting on the shop floor now that I'm trying to track down an oil leak. From a labor point of view, If I have to take the engine off, I'll have to take the whole stack and back of the GV of just to get to the impeller off.
After looking at the Fradan truck loader, now there is a much easier fix to just remove a access plate.

http://www.fradanpower.com/

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like your opinions. I'm a big fan of kohler motors, so I couldn't figure how b.s. motors kept popping up like weeds. so they own giant vac which is atleast ONE thing they make now that works. I don't know, gv has been around like b.s., but that doesn't mean something with a history is necessarily any good. frank is the best. he always brings donuts when he comes to the shops I work in, and is a really funny guy. he also makes kick ass push blowers. the backpacks, eh, leave little to be desired but their pushblowers? simple, servicable, and productive. I still don't know if side by side better than a whisperjet, but I suppose its about time I build another kohler back up. I love these motors, just like redmax blowers. now I want a donut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.