Okay, beat me up now, 'cause I'm a home owner. I haven't seen where I can post this question.

bjr

LawnSite Member
What's considered a 1"simple durable solenoid valve that doesn't break the bank. I'm currently using the Irritrol 2400/2600 valves. I've 22 zones on three separate irritrol Rain Dial timers. What I'm needing is some vendor that I can buy like 10 packs of diaphrams the threaded rings and the caps. I'm tired of the "Oh well it's just cheaper to buy the whole valve" at my supplier. I'll switch brands if I need to but the Professional people surely aren't paying the complete valve prices just get replacement parts? What do you guys do? bjr

What's considered a 1"simple durable solenoid valve that doesn't break the bank. I'm currently using the Irritrol 2400/2600 valves. I've 22 zones on three separate irritrol Rain Dial timers. What I'm needing is some vendor that I can buy like 10 packs of diaphrams the threaded rings and the caps. I'm tired of the "Oh well it's just cheaper to buy the whole valve" at my supplier. I'll switch brands if I need to but the Professional people surely aren't paying the complete valve prices just get replacement parts? What do you guys do? bjr
It is cheaper to buy the whole valve and use the parts off of it.

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
Since when is there a need for many (any?) replacement bonnets and cover rings for the Irritrol 2400 valve? Solenoids, sure. Diaphragm assemblies, obviously. But do the math before going parts shopping.

magna111

LawnSite Senior Member
Since when is there a need for many (any?) replacement bonnets and cover rings for the Irritrol 2400 valve? Solenoids, sure. Diaphragm assemblies, obviously. But do the math before going parts shopping.
Need, there probably isn’t, but if height isn’t an issue I usually change the whole top end if I’m doing a diaphragm and the valve is more than 5-10 years old. If I’ve already located the valve, cleared out the inside of the box, turned the water off and drained down the main line, it doesn’t make sense to me not to do both the diaphragm and the solenoid. If I’m doing the solenoid, I prefer having the new top end on there so I don’t have to remove the o-ring or retaining piece, also I like the new manual operation of the valve compared to opening the bleeder.