1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Okay...How about Exmark vs. Quick 36?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SnoMan97, Apr 15, 2005.

1. SnoMan97

SnoMan97 LawnSite Member

I posted a thread earlier tonight asking opinions of the Exmark Metro 36 vs. the Bobcat Classic 36. After reading the opinions I have decided the "classic" is not for me.
    Would the Quick 36 Super Duty be a better choice for the money over the Exmark? With the Quick 36 being a hydro and having electric start and a few other cool options(not to mention being about $250 less than the Metro) I thought maybe it would be worth a shot. Is the hydro option that much better than the belt drive? Grrrrr. So darn confusing. :realmad:
    I hope I can make a decision soon. This comparison shopping is making my head spin. :dizzy:

2. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

demo both of them and it should help in decison making.

3. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

In that small of a mower, I love Toro Belt Drive T bar, NO FATIGUE, and fast easy mowing

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I'm not familiar with the "Quick36" (never used or saw one) But I just bought a Metro HP 36 it takes a little getting used to but now I think its great! Built like a tank. I belive the Quick36 uses only 1 hydro motor for both rear wheels, if so I don't think thats such a good idea but demo both and see what ya like. :waving:

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Demo if you can. But if you go down hills the hydro is better.
    John

6. Doc_77

Doc_77 LawnSite Member
    from IL

the only good thing i can say about Exmark is .... they are over priced ?
    other then that i can't say a good thing about them.
    Exmark is a sponser of this site so you really only hear the good things about Exmark and not the bad.

ok enough with the rant

JMO, i would buy the better quick over the Exmark for this one reason alone ... it's a hydro.
    it's a single hydro but still a lot easier to use then a belt drive.

< edit >
    if you are looking for a cheap hydro check out the ferris 32 - 36 hydro also.
    the thumb control on them was really nice and easy to use. i liked it a lot better then the ECS on the exmark's

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I've had my Exmark 48" Viking for over a year and so far after mowing all day every day i've put about at most $250.00 into it. But the mower itself is over 10 years old. But I haven't used many other brands, I've used Scagg and Toro's before but they just ok after using the Exmark I was a beliver in Exmark products. Just my opinion. :waving: