1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Old Bannerman aerater

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by THIESSENS TLC, Apr 26, 2013.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I just rented an old bannerman aerater to do my lawn and about 10 tomorrow morning. I gotta say, I'm not lookin forward to tomorrows work. That thing just kicked the sh!t outta me doing my own yard!!! I only went with the bannerman because I don't have a trailer and the ryans and bluebirds are too heavy imo to roll up my ramp into my truck. Definitely thinking about getting a small trailer or something that goes into my hitch for next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. THIESSENS TLC

I can barely move this morning, so sore right now. I don't ever wanna aerate again! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 9ball1018

9ball1018 LawnSite Member

I've only used the bluebirds and the billy goat that uses water as weight. They whooped my a$$ bad! I'm a big guy and no stranger to hard work but they got me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. THIESSENS TLC

ya im only 140lbs, lol. im not a stranger to hard labor either....not sure if im outta shape from the winter or if these machines are always a PITA to maneuver. but im sore as f*** today!

5. 9ball1018

9ball1018 LawnSite Member

I'm 250lbs and they are always a PITA like holding on to a bull.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Have a couple of beers.

7. THIESSENS TLC

Haha, I'm on my 5th Larry! Feelin a little better, but my forearms and shoulders still hurt a wee bit. I'm sure its gona feel really nice tomorrow morning....
    Posted via Mobile Device