• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Old John Dear 6010 Tractor clutch

keith455

LawnSite Member
I'm having clutch problems on my old JD 6010 tractor. It takes awhile to disengage while moving and if i start it in neutral it won't disengage at all and i have to shut it off, put it in gear and then start it back up.

Any ideas on what i can do besides taking the clutch out?

chuckers

LawnSite Senior Member
Sounds like the pressure plate mite be shot. I would recommend splitting the tractor your self. Make a set of stands that bolt on the frame rail and unhook the wiring harness and then there is about 6 lines to disconnect then there are about 4 bolts and the tractor is apart. Then replace the parts needed. They are a very simple job and cheep if you skip Deere.

chuckers

LawnSite Senior Member
well I think I'm gonna do a clutch in a John Deere 4010 this week sometime I will take pictures and try to explain this to show you etc.. It's not as bad as you think. If you take it to a Deere dealer they are going to charge you 1000 for just splitting it then plus what ever else they have to tear in to.
Chris