Old Lady,

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Mattmowsgrass, Jun 18, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Member

Yes, I understand, and I know if she always paid 10, that's what she thinks is normal. but a lady expecting me to mow her lawn for less then 10 bucks, is completely unnormal for me. I have never had anyone, ask me to do that, before her.
    As I read what I wrote it came off kinda rude, but in reality, none of us were disrespectful.
    I wish I could help her, I know money's tight, but I run a business. I recommended she get a high school kid. It could be a win for her and the kid.

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

At least most $10 burgers are good. It could be a value menu burger:puke:

3. MLGA

MLGA LawnSite Member

the ellusive "guy" is at it again. maybe he just got behind from push mowing 5 acres for $25.

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

For all you know she has Millions in the bank. I told a(70s) lady 60$. She gave me 200. Sometimes she gives me $160. Never any less than that. We get so many Nichol and dimers. You think I am going to cut MY own throat? She has no kids. Guess she I am her kid. Thanks Ma!. See you in a couple of weeks.:laugh::clapping:

Cam15, JLSLLC, EricC and 1 other person like this.
  5. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

There's an older guy driving a red vet around here and his plate is "Thanks MOM". This could be you Charles.

Cam15, JLSLLC, Mark Stark and 2 others like this.
  6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Gold Member

When folks "impress me" w/ their frugalness at an estimate, I just direct them to Craigslist = where the 'hungrier than me' folks are.

knox gsl likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Member

Simply put, if you cant afford lawn service, you dont get lawn service.
    and when they say, I might sign up for recurring service, it depends on the price. They effectively, just turned my $30 quote to a $40 quote.

8. Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly. There are plenty of people we could help, and, at times, there's nothing wrong with helping them. But we can't help them all. Sometimes not even any of them.

Cam15 and EricC like this.
  9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes I need a little help.

10. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Gold Member

But we should never be too caught up in making the big bucks to help someone out.